The Scilogex D160 Homogenizer can rapidly homogenize, disperse, and emulsify samples from 0.1-250ml solids or liquid media depending on the generating probe. During operation, the suspended material is drawn into the core of the homogenizer by a rotor turning at up to 30,000rpm. The material is repeatedly cycled through narrow slits in the probe where it is rapidly sheared and disintegrated by high shear. Complete homogenization of tissues (muscle, liver, breast tissue, etc.) is usually achieved in a few seconds. Perfect for processing of lysis animal cells. Little, if any, heat is produced during the process.
- Ideal for mixing, emulsification, shredding, or chopping (Not suitable for very viscous liquids or powders, 5000 cps/mPa-s max.)
- Practical answer for small samples
- Saw-Tooth generators available for tissue homogenization and processing of lysis animal cells
- Easy to hold and light weight for one hand operation
- Generators are made of 316L Stainless Steel with PTFE bushings
- Autoclavable stainless steel shafts. Inert to aggressive solutions
- All shafts are interchangeable shafts and are easily removed for cleanup
- High speed motor. Speed control from 8,000 to 30,000 rpm
- Suitable for solvents & abrasive substances
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY
Additional Resources and Information
Manuals and Application Selection Table
View our 2022 Product Catalog
Get our complete and latest product portfolio for free.
Download Scilogex Literature
Find a collection of product manuals and brochure PDFs available for download.
Enjoy exclusive deals & discounts on our lab equipment & supplies.